Packaging Associate APPLY NOW
New Open Position: Packaging Associate
spotLESS Materials is an exciting startup spinning out multifunctional anti-fouling coating technology originally developed by Penn State researchers with the mission of using technology to make a positive global impact in sanitation, water, and sustainability. Based in State College, PA, spotLESS Materials is currently seeking local talent for a Packaging Associate position to facilitate product preparation and order fulfillment.
Packaging Associate position details:
We are looking for a capable Packaging Associate to support our company’s product manufacturing and order fulfillment operations. You will receive, sort, load and unload production materials; label, bottle, and inventory products; fulfill orders; and deliver them to local postal services, among other product manufacturing and fulfillment activities.
- Label, bottle, and inventory liquid product
- Process, package and ship orders accurately
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Examine incoming and outgoing shipments
- Organize inventory and manufacturing space
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Check, verify and fill customer orders
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organization and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- With training, able to safely handle chemical during manufacturing.
- Ability to follow lab safety procedures
- Computer competency; interest and ability to learn new software (e.g. labelling)
- Must have a car and be able to transport packages to postal office regularly throughout the week.
- Team player with organizational skills
- The job requires having the physical dexterity and ability to also handle inventory, packing, shipping, and receiving duties, including but not limited to:
- Regularly work on repetitive tasks
- Regularly use hands and fingers to manipulate, control, or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently bend, stretch, and twist to pack and move items
- Regularly lift, maneuver, and move 20-25 pounds
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle and be able to transport packages to postal office regularly throughout the week.
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures, lab safety protocol, and other industry-related best practices/standards
NOTE: involves some chemical handling so we'd feel most comfortable bringing on someone with some familiarity with lab safety (e.g., engineering/science majors).
Please email email@example.com for inquiries regarding this position, or apply directly online!2021-03-26|||State College, PA|||||||||Y~cVfg1Tc9Y3SHBi|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||13|||15|||true