Packaging & Shipping Associate – Entry Level APPLY NOW
Packaging & Shipping Associate – Entry Level
spotLESS Materials is an exciting startup spinning out multifunctional anti-fouling coating technology that was originally developed by Penn State researchers with the mission of using technology to make a positive global impact across numerous industries. Based in State College, PA, spotLESS Materials is currently seeking local talent for a Packaging Associate position to facilitate product preparation and order fulfillment.
We are looking for a capable and reliable Packaging & Shipping Associate to support our company’s product manufacturing and order fulfillment operations. As a Packaging Associate, you will receive, sort, load, and unload production materials; label, bottle, and inventory products; fulfill orders; deliver them to local shipping services and perform other product manufacturing and fulfillment activities.
- Use online software to manage and print shipping labels and manifests
- Identify and correct errors on packing
- Label bottles using a manual labeling machine
- Fill bottles with liquid chemicals
- Cap bottles and ensure a tight seal without spillage
- Safely handle and dispense hazardous materials
- Shrink wrap bottles
- Fold shipping boxes from flat mats to securely assembled boxes
- Pick, place, and fill boxes accurately to fill the customer’s order.
- Fold instruction manuals
- Close and tape boxes
- Attach shipping labels
- Deliver orders to the local post office and other shipping services.
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory
- Identify when materials are low and inform supervisor accordingly
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Identify products that do not meet visual standard and fix accordingly
- Examine incoming and outgoing shipments
- Organize inventory and manufacturing space
- Receive, unload, and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Check, verify, and fill customer orders
- Abide by all company and laboratory safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute suggestions to improve or optimize warehousing and fulfillment procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- Excellent written and oral communication skills via email, Slack, etc.
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Must arrive on time and inform supervisors of any conflicts at least 24 hours in advance
- Must respond quickly to verbal and written communication
- Ability to safely handle chemical during manufacturing following new employee safety training,
- Must follow lab safety procedures
- Computer competency; interest and ability to learn new software (e.g. labelling)
- Team player with organizational skills
- Loading, unloading, and transporting packages by vehicle to the post office or another service provider on a regular, but unscheduled (as-needed) basis is an essential job requirement. If hired, must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have ready use of a reliable, registered, and insured vehicle to perform this essential job duty.
- The job requires having the physical dexterity and ability to also handle inventory, packing, shipping, and receiving duties, including but not limited to:
- Regularly work on repetitive tasks
- Regularly use hands and fingers to manipulate, control, or feel objects, including very small objects (~1 cm in size)
- Regularly use fine finger mobility
- Regularly use hands to dispense liquid, cap nozzles tightly
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to gloves and eye protection
- Must be able to read and understand, an appropriately apply information found on product safety data sheets
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently bend, stretch, and twist to pack and move or maneuver items
- Regularly lift, maneuver, and move 20-25 pounds
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures, lab safety protocol, and other industry-related best practices/standards
NOTE: This role involves chemical handling, so some familiarity/working knowledge of lab safety is a definite plus.
To apply, please submit an application and resume at:
Please direct inquiries to: email@example.com
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- The Company reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.
spotLESS Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.